Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Adventures

The past few weeks have been busy! I am home now and have finished my countryside travels. I started by flying to Chicago, and with Jordan and a friend drove to Minnesota for the wedding of Jordan and Angela Harris. It was wonderful to be there as Doc performed the ceremony. The wedding was beautiful! After the wedding we made a trip to the Mall of America. I was quite amazed at the Hall of American consumerism. The mall even houses an amusement park!
However, none of us were persuaded enough to make great purchases. The next day was Sunday and we attended Bethlehem Baptist Church were we heard John Piper preach on the marriage covenant and what Jesus had to say about divorce. It was such and encouragement to hear such a message after the marriage of our friends.
Jordan and I traveled back to Illinois and spent a few days with his family. It was great to be able to visit with his family again. The next journey included at stop at my house so Jordan could drop me off on his way back to NYC with his friend Isaac. Next I spent a day at home doing laundry and repacking: next destination, Tennessee.
My family decided to have family vacation in Tennessee with my brother and sister-in-law, Rebecca. We visited a national park called Mammoth cave, and yes the main attraction was a giant cave. However, to our dismay it was far from interesting due to our crazy tour guide, poorly lit path and being 3 hours under ground. By the end we were all relieved to see daylight once again. Our next adventure included going to Nashville. There we visited the giant mall and enjoyed walking around the city, ending our visit with dining at a nice restaurant.
While there I enjoyed spending time with Becca (she and I are the same age) and making dinner for our family together. The 4th of July was celebrated on the Army base where they live (my brother Jared is in the Army) as they shot off a fabulous display of fireworks. Early on Friday we made the 12 hour trip back home. I spent the weekend recovering and doing plenty of laundry. I am now nannying again...
Today my Grandma moved in with us for a couple of weeks. My room is the optional guest room so Josh and I are staying in the basement where Josh as his room and the extra bed resides.
Currently I am reading Communion with God by John Owen. It's amazing! If you have not read this book I highly recommend it. When I finish it I hope to give an overview.

Pictures of beautiful Pennsylvania


No comments: