Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Surprise

The past few weeks have been full and exhausting. I have returned home from my trip and have started my nannying job full swing. Last week I was in the middle of writing a post when I received a call from Jordan. I was a little surprised that he was calling me a little earlier than our normal time range of calling, but I was delighted that he had the time to talk earlier. Jordan asked me if I had seen the moon. I had not, and I thought he was being sweet because he knows I love to look at the moon, so I went outside only to be dismayed that I could not locate the moon due to all of the trees and houses. Jordan then asked if I had looked across the street, and when I turned there he was standing! I was completely surprised I thought he was coming late the next day. I think the first thing I said was "what are you doing here?" I was speechless and could hardly fathom that he had caught me so completely off guard. It was a wonderful surprise that my whole family knew about and enjoyed keeping from me. We had a wonderful weekend with my family. Jordan even came with me to watch the kids, they loved him and now always ask me about him.
Sadly right after Jordan left I got really sick. I totally lost my voice and had a terrible head cold. Last week was pretty miserable since I still had to watch the kids (it was horrible without energy and a voice). I think the second day I came home and went right to sleep vowing never to have kids. Thankfully God has restored my health and I am feeling much better. I am really enjoying being a nanny to these children-- Carter, Quinn and Lela.
My days are long with them since their parents are gone 9-10 hours a day. I often wonder how parents can leave their children in the care of others for so long and miss so much of their day. Of course there are times when they are horrible and fight and are mean to each other, but most of the time they just enjoy being kids and having fun together.
Tomorrow I am flying to Chicago! I am so excited to see Jordan and his family again. We will then drive to Minnesota to go to our friends wedding.

No comments: