Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Gluten free...

The end of summer was has come and I must say that I am relieved. The last few weeks of nannying were difficult with the children's activities and my weak body. About 2 weeks before I returned back to school I cut out dairy as well from my diet. With continual fatigue and sickness I wondered if there was 'something else' that was giving me problems. After a few days on my new diet I felt so much better again. I have still not included dairy in my diet hoping to give my body enough time to heal and to detox. I plan to figure out if this is a permanent thing or not. Some days are harder than others with finding food now that I am back at school. I still have occasional days where I get "glutened" (have a gluten reaction) but I would have to say that overall it has gotten a lot easier.
I am thankful for my diet in so many ways. I no longer long to be 'normal'. I am thankful because on this diet have once again have health. I am thankful because I have found friends who have similar diets and encourage me spiritually, because I have learned what continual self control means, because God has granted me with an interest and love to study more nutrition and I now can help other girls understand some of their dietary frustrations. But most of all I am learning what it means to draw my strength from the Bread of Life. This is the only bread that I can partake of and gain nourishment. Through this summer I have learned much about keeping my eyes on the divine things and not worrying about what I will eat or drink. God knows about my intolerances, He was pleased to let this come into my life, and I have so many reasons to rejoice in Christ and His sufficiency.
"How sweet are thy words to my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my lips."

Maybe next post I can expound upon the nutritional value of certain foods and how the body responds to the different proteins and enzymes in food during the process of digestion.

1 comment:

the Zepeda family said...

wow thats got to be hard with bbc food..it was great to see you on labor day..(even though it was just a min)next time we come up to bbc(probably homecoming)we would love to get together with you if you guys are around...keep seeking first God's Kingdom and His righteousness(matt.6:33)Love in Christ, Beck (for the zepeda clan)