Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Summer Joy

Okay, it has been a month since my last blog. But I have a pretty good excuse, I was writing a book. If it sounds cool it's probably not. As most of you know I majoring in Elementary Education and for my junior year I had to write a children's book. I really was excited about this at first, before I realized I am not an Artist. So with painfullly simple pictures the book is FINISHED! I wrote my book to be an informational story on Celiac disease. The title is Ellie Yak has Celiac, I hope to use the book to explain my intolerance when I am teaching or working with children.
I would like to comment on the weekend at the PCRT. I would have to classify the conference as the best Spiritual feast I have received in a long time. Believe it or not, living at BBC makes it hard to be Spiritually refreshed with the dry preaching we listen to.
The Speakers were amazing. It has taken me a few weeks to process everything that we listened to.
Now with summer upon us I have both sweet and sorrowful emotions. It's nice to be with my family. To be able to talk in person with my parents about everything that I am learning. Hanging out with Josh and Jamie. And eating food without the fear of getting sick! I am sad because I had to say goodbye to my best friend. It hardly seems like a reality that I can't just walk over and see him. God has given me great memories and blessings through Jordan from this year.
I am really looking forward to doing a lot of reading this summer, right now I am reading a book by Susannah Spurgeon (Yes, wife of C.H. Spurgeon). The book is divided between her biography and her devotionals. I love Spurgeon and have been delighted to find his wife's writing to be of equal theological content with a gentle and relational style that portrays her immense affection for Christ and her vibrant relationship with the Father.
I am also going to be nannying this summer. A family of three outgoing and busy children. I am sure I will have funny stories and pictures (if I can figure out how to post them) to share as the summer proceeds. I will need much prayer as I seek to be a loving but firm Nanny.

No comments: